Tectonic Summit is one week away! Join us for the premier enterprise Kubernetes event. We’ll have community leaders, analysts, and enterprise adopters speak about how Kubernetes is changing the infrastructure of the internet, is helping companies innovate and compete in today’s fast-paced environment and is saving enterprises money. We’ll have speakers from Major League Soccer, Ticketmaster, SAP, eBay, BNY Mellon, Planet Labs, Google, Intel, AWS and more!
Tectonic Summit is located in the Conrad Hotel at 102 North End Ave, New York, right by the World Trade Center transportation hub.
Don’t have your ticket yet? It’s not too late! Purchase a ticket here.
If you are interested in meeting 1:1 to learn about CoreOS Tectonic, the enterprise Kubernetes platform, at Tectonic Summit, submit a request.
Your guide to Tectonic Summit 2016
Day one runs from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., and includes a single track of talks outlining the enterprise world of Kubernetes from thought leaders in Kubernetes and the users embracing containers and orchestration. The day includes breakfast, lunch and a happy hour after the last talk, as well as an after party presented by CoreOS, Sysdig and Ticketmaster. Read on for more details.
Monday, December 12
Registration opens at 7:00 a.m.
- 8:00 a.m.: CNCF Pancake Breakfast: Join us for pancakes and a discussion about the Kubernetes open source ecosystem, and the continuing efforts to integrate the tools for cloud native infrastructure.
- 9:00 a.m.: Welcome to Tectonic Summit: Brian Redbeard will welcome everyone to Tectonic Summit by recounting the history of CoreOS and introducing the speakers.
- 9:15 a.m.: CoreOS keynote: Alex Polvi, CEO of CoreOS, will take the stage to announce the latest developments for Tectonic and Kubernetes.
- 9:45 a.m.: Ticketmaster keynote: Justin Dean, SVP of platform and technical operations at Ticketmaster, will describe how Ticketmaster is using Kubernetes to help them stay competitive in a fast-growing industry.
- 10:15 a.m.: Intel Keynote: Jonathan Donaldson, VP of the data center group and GM at Intel, will explain how Intel is investing in the Kubernetes ecosystem.
- 10:40 a.m.: Google Keynote: David Aronchick, senior project manager at Google, will show what the latest version of Kubernetes has in store for us.
- 11:00 a.m.: Coffee Break
- 11:30 a.m.: Financial Services Panel: Jonathan Lehr, managing director at Work-Bench, will sit down with Luigi Mercone, managing director of enterprise engineering and architecture at BNY Mellon, to discuss the benefits Kubernetes can provide the financial services industry.
- 12:00 p.m.: Al Gillen, group vice president of software development and open source at IDC, will share his insights about the business implications of adopting Kubernetes and container infrastructure.
- 12:30 p.m.: Brendan Burns, partner architect at Microsoft and one of the founders of Kubernetes, will share the origin story of Kubernetes. Come hear how the movement got started.
- 1:00 p.m.: Lunch , brought to you by Intel
- 2:00 p.m.: Kelsey Hightower, staff developer advocate at Google Cloud Platform, will welcome us back from lunch with insight into the future of Kubernetes in the enterprise.
- 2:30 p.m.: Brian Aznar, director of engineering at Major League Soccer, will have a fireside chat with Loris Degioanni, CEO and founder at Sysdig, about monitoring Kubernetes in the enterprise.
- 3:00 p.m.: Nishi Davidson, director of cloud architecture and engineering at SAP, will walk us through the lessons learned from implementing Kubernetes through to production.
- 3:30 p.m.: Coffee Break
- 4:00 p.m.: Paul Brown, VP of software engineering at Salesforce, will show how Kubernetes is used as the foundation for complex data center infrastructure.
- 4:30 p.m.: Zac Smith, CEO of Packet, Jake Moshenko, Head of Quay, and Andrew Randall, CEO of Tigera, will have a conversation about 2017 Kubernetes predictions.
- 5:00 p.m.: The Tectonic Summit Soirée, brought to you by Intel
- 7:30 p.m.: The Tectonic Summit Official After-Party, Brought to you by Sysdig and Ticketmaster - Join us at Tribeca Grill for an after-hours event featuring great conversation, drinks and music.
Day two of Tectonic Summit not only continues talks discussing the interests and paths of cloud native technology in the enterprise, but also has an afternoon of two tracks. One of the tracks is an overview workshop of getting started with Kubernetes. The day runs from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
We’ll wrap up the day with an after party presented by Packet.
Tuesday, December 13
Registration begins at 7:00 a.m.
- 9:00 a.m.: Welcome to day 2 - Brian Redbeard will kick off the talks for the second day of Tectonic Summit.
- 9:15 a.m.: CoreOS keynote: Brandon Philips, CTO at CoreOS, will talk about the latest updates in the CoreOS and Kubernetes open source ecosystem.
- 9:45 a.m.: Planet Labs keynote: Troy Toman, director of engineering at Planet Labs, will explain how they’re using Kubernetes to manage huge amounts of data coming from satellites in space.
- 10:15 a.m.: CNCF Keynote panel: What is cloud native? Speakers from CoreOS, the CNCF, Google, WakaTime, and Treasure Data will discuss what it means to be cloud native, projects like Prometheus, Kubernetes, OpenTracing and Fluentd, and what it takes to develop cloud native applications and why Cloud Native matters to the enterprise.
- 11:00 a.m.: Coffee Break
- 11:30 a.m.: Mike Saparov, VP of engineering at CoreOS, and Jonathan Bryce, executive director at OpenStack, and Jonathan Donaldson, VP of the Data Center Group at Intel, will discuss the future of OpenStack and Kubernetes.
- 12:00 p.m.: Sreekanth Pothanis, cloud engineering at eBay, will give us a tale from the trenches about networking with Kubernetes.
- 12:30 p.m.: Joonas Bergius, engineering manager at DigitalOcean, will describe why DigitalOcean has bet on Kubernetes, and share their journey from adoption to production.
- 1:00 p.m.: Lunch
- 2:00 p.m.: Kubernetes Workshop: Join Josh Rosso, professional services engineer at CoreOS, for a 2-hour workshop on getting started with Kubernetes.
- 2:30 p.m.: Tectonic Summit Wrap-Up with Brian Redbeard
- 7:00 p.m.: Packet Kubernetes Ecosystem Party - Join in on the fun by meeting the Kubernetes ecosystem for a holiday party affair, brought to you by Packet. The event is from 7-11 pm at the Children's Museum of the Arts.
Thanks to our sponsors for making Tectonic Summit possible!
Gold: Google Cloud Platform, Tigera
Silver: Amazon Web Services, VMware, Sysdig, DigitalOcean
Our two-day Kubernetes training session in New York on December 14 & 15 is sold out! Check out coreos.com/training/ for other scheduled sessions or to schedule a private training session.
Make sure that you follow @TectonicSummit and #TectonicSummit on Twitter for live schedule updates, recorded talks and news.