Just a few updates on the CoreOS alpha for you. The latest release (160.0.1) includes:
- Docker 0.7.1 went out with todays update, so you should already have it!
- Support for Rackspace
- Support for Google Compute Engine
- We posted a short tutorial for setting up an IRC bouncer on CoreOS
- We’ve added Infiniband and RealTek ethernet driver support to our kernel
Lastly, we have a few big changes to CoreOS and etcd that we’d like to make sure everyone knows is coming down the pipeline:
- We intend tweak the read-only root filesystem to only be read-only on /usr/. This will allow you to overwrite configs by placing them on the filesystem where you might expect.
- etcd 0.2.0 is nearly complete, including a new API. If you have not already, please be testing with etcd master on github. We are ironing out the major kinks, but consider etcd 0.2.0 the way of the future. We will be shipping it inside of CoreOS in the coming weeks.