We have a lot in store in the next few weeks — come see us at CoreOS Fest in Berlin and San Francisco, as well as other May events in Stockholm, Austin, Portland and Boston!
CoreOS Fest: Berlin and San Francisco
CoreOS Fest is coming! We’re gearing up for a fantastic community conference on May 9-10 in Berlin, with a satellite viewing event in San Francisco on May 9. We’ll bring the international CoreOS community together for a two-day event all about containers, distributed systems, and the open source software that makes Google’s Infrastructure for Everyone Else (GIFEE) a reality. Both days will feature talks, workshops, and opportunities to socialize with your fellow container experts — and we’re hosting a happy hour in beautiful Berlin that you don’t want to miss.
Be there Monday morning for CoreOS CTO Brandon Philips’s opening keynote, and for CoreOS CEO Alex Polvi’s keynote that afternoon with the latest updates about CoreOS open source projects. If you don’t have your tickets already, head over to https://coreos.com/fest/ to secure your spot!
The second annual CoreOS Fest is brought to you by premier sponsors Cisco, Google, and Intel, with our main sponsors Project Calico, Deis, SignalFx, and additional sponsorship by the Cloud Native Computing Foundation, Datadog, Exoscale, Mirantis, OpenStack, Packet, StackPointCloud, StorageOS, ScaleFT, Sysdig, and Wercker. Here are some of the speakers we'll be hosting:
- Greg Kroah-Hartman, Fellow at the Linux Foundation, will go over the state of the Linux Kernel
- Diego Ongaro, Lead Software Engineer, Compute Infrastructure at Salesforce, will talk about the Raft Protocol
- Filip Grzadkowski, Senior Software Engineer at Google, will dive deep into Kubernetes’ performance and scalability
- Lennart Poettering, Senior Software Engineer at Red Hat, will share his knowledge of the security features in systemd
- Peter Bourgon, Typist at Weaveworks, will show how Weaveworks implements etcd over gossip
- Gabriel Monroy, CTO of Engine Yard, will talk about how to best take advantage of Kubernetes
- Simon Lallemand, Systems Engineer at BlaBlaCar, will demonstrate dgr, a tool to build and run rkt containers at scale
- Vincent Batts, Software Engineer at Red Hat, will discuss container standards past, present, and future
CoreOS Fest will be held in The bcc, located at Alexanderstrasse 11, 10178 Berlin, Germany, at the Alexanderplatz.
Badge pick-up times
The registration desk is located near the entrance. When you walk in, a greeter will direct you to the registration desk pick up your badge.
Monday, May 9: 8:00 a.m. - end of day At the registration desk on the first floor.
Tuesday, May 9: 8:00 a.m. - end of day At the registration desk on the first floor.
Breakfast and lunch details
We’re serving breakfast and lunch at the event site. Dietary restrictions? We’ve accommodated for most diets (including vegan diets), but if you’re concerned that we won’t have something for your specific diet, we recommend packing a lunch.
Monday, May 9: Breakfast: 8 a.m. - 9 a.m. Lunch: 12:30 p.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Tuesday, May 10: Breakfast: 8:30 a.m. - 9:30 a.m. Lunch: 12:30 p.m. - 1:30 p.m.
After party details
Join us on Monday evening for Happy Hour from 5:30-6:30 p.m. CEST. After the final keynote on Tuesday, we’re going to Das House of Weekend for the CoreOS Fest Closing Night Party from 6:00-10:00 p.m. CEST, sponsored by Packet and Wercker.
CoreOS office hours
We are holding office hours at the CoreOS booth from 10:30 a.m. CEST through 4:40 p.m. CEST on Monday and from 9:00 a.m. CEST through 4:00 p.m. CEST on Tuesday. Experts on our projects will be there to answer questions. Attendees are welcome to stop by throughout those hours, with topics organized by CoreOS Linux, etcd, rkt, Clair, dex, Quay, Tectonic, and more. Look for signs posted on site for specific times to speak with each of our CoreOS experts.
San Francisco CoreOS Fest
If you can’t make it across the pond, join us for the satellite event in San Francisco. We’ll be streaming the keynotes from Berlin, and speakers from Google, Intel, ScaleFT, Sysdig, NGINX, eBay, and more will be at 111 Minna, sharing the latest thinking in infrastructure, distributed systems, and open source. Be sure to grab a cup of coffee (or two), sponsored by SignalFx.
We still have a few tickets left, so be sure to sign up before you stop by.
More events in May
CoreOS Fest is not the only event! We’ll be going to a few more conferences this month. Come see us at one of the events below.
Europe meetups and events
Celebrate Kubernetes, CoreOS Fest, and Deis Meetup @ Ahoy Berlin Coworking: May 11, Berlin, Germany
Brandon Philips, CoreOS CTO, will wrap up CoreOS Fest Berlin and speak on open source projects and progress. Wednesday night's meetup kicks off at 6:30 p.m. CEST on May 11, and Brandon's talk begins at 7:00 p.m. CEST.
Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform, Quay and CoreOS Meetup @ the Campanja offices: May 12, Stockholm, Sweden
Jake Moshenko, head of Quay at CoreOS, will speak at a meetup in Stockholm on Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment, as handled by Quay and Kubernetes on CoreOS and rkt. The doors open at 6:00 p.m. CEST on May 12th, and Jake will be speaking at 8:00 p.m CEST.
OSCAL ’16 @ the Metropolitan University of Tirana: May 15, Tirana, Albania
Chris Kühl will travel to Albania for the Open Source Conference Albania. Come see him speak about rkt, CoreOS’s lightweight and secure container runtime engine on May 15, at 2:30 p.m. CEST.
All about etcd and Kubernetes @ ArangoDB: May 24, Cologne, Germany
Jon Boulle, team lead at CoreOS, will give an overview of etcd, the distributed consistent key value store, and how it works with Kubernetes. He’ll be delivering the talk at the Kubernetes meetup at 7:00 p.m. CEST at ArangoDB.
PdxDevOps Meeting @ the New Relic office: May 16, Portland, Oregon
Colin Hom, software engineer at CoreOS will be speaking about Production-ready Kubernetes clusters on AWS at PdxDevOps at 6:30 p.m. PST on Monday, May 16.
OSCON 2016 @ the Austin Convention Center: May 16-19, Austin, Texas
We have three talks and a workshop scheduled for OSCON:
- Brandon Philips (@BrandonPhilips), CTO at CoreOS, will be leading a workshop at 9:00 a.m. CDT on Monday, May 16th.
- Brian “Redbeard” Harrington (@brianredbeard), senior software engineer at CoreOS, will be speaking about the pitfalls of open source development as a business at 11:55 a.m. CDT on Wednesday, May 18th.
- Brandon Philips will also present a talk on etcd at 5:10 p.m. CDT on Wednesday, May 18th.
- Joey Schorr, team lead on Quay and Quentin Machu (@quentin__m), software engineer at CoreOS, will present the latest on Clair, CoreOS’s container image security scanner, at 4:20 p.m. CDT on Thursday, May 19th.
ContainerDays Boston 2016 @ the Microsoft Data Center: May 25, Cambridge, Massachusetts
Joey Schorr will introduce Clair at 10:50 a.m. EDT on May 25th. Come to ContainerDays Boston to see him explain how Quay, CoreOS’s container registry, keeps your containers secure and demonstrate how Quay Security Scanning powered by Clair works.
Gluecon @ the Omni Interlocken Resort: May 25, Denver (Broomfield), Colorado
Anthony Romano will speak at Gluecon about etcd at 3:45 p.m. MDT on May 25th.
Interested in speaking at a CoreOS meetup or hosting a CoreOS meetup in your area? Contact us.