Join CoreOS at ContainerDays, LinuxCon EU, OpenStack Barcelona, and more!
LinuxCon and ContainerCon Europe @ the Intercontinental Berlin: October 4-7, Berlin, Germany
CoreOS is making its way to the Intercontinental Berlin for LinuxCon and ContainerCon Europe. Meet with us at booth D12, and see our excellent lineup of talks for all the latest in container development:
- On Tuesday, October 4 at 11:15 a.m. CEST, Matthew Garrett will describe how designing security into software doesn’t need to be overly restrictive, which can expand the use of security best practices.
- On Tuesday, October 4 at 12:15 p.m. CEST, Alban Crequy, cofounder and software engineer at Kinvolk, will lead an Exploration of Linux Container Network Monitoring and Visualization.
- On Wednesday, October 5 at 10:10 a.m. CEST, Brandon Philips (@BrandonPhilips), CTO of CoreOS, will deliver a keynote on VM Security and Container Workflows.
- On Wednesday, October 5 at 11:00 a.m. CEST, Thomas Fricke, CTO at Endocode, will discuss Endocode’s past year of deploying applications with Docker, CoreOS, and Kubernetes.
- On Wednesday, October 5 at 12:00 p.m. CEST, Luca Bruno, software engineer at CoreOS and head of rkt, will outline and describe rkt’s architecture and security features.
- On Thursday, October 6 at 4:00 p.m. CEST, Chris Kühl, software engineer at Kinvolk, will introduce rkt to Docker users.
- On Friday, October 7 at 9:00 a.m. CEST, Brandon Philips will lead a tutorial on how to build GIFEE style infrastructure. Join him and learn how to build efficient, reliable, and secure distributed systems at any scale.
Cambridge University Computing and Technology Society @ Cambridge: October 10, Cambridge, United Kingdom
Matthew Garrett will speak at the Cambridge University Computing and Technology Society, or CUCaTS, on October 10. Keep an eye on their website for further details.
Berlin CoreOS Kubernetes meetup @ Kinvolk: October 13, Berlin, Germany
The CoreOS Berlin meetup is hosting David Aronchick, senior product manager for the Google Container Engine, and David Kaltschmidt, director of software engineering UI/UX. Come by on October 13 for an evening of Kubernetes.
OpenStack Barcelona @ Centre de Convencions Internacional de Barcelona: October 24-28, Barcelona, Spain
Join CoreOS at OpenStack Barcelona. Come say hello at the CoreOS booth, and see our speakers:
- On October 24, Mike Saparov, vice president of engineering at CoreOS, will take part in a panel on Cloud Native Workload Development.
- On October 27, Quentin Machu, software engineer at CoreOS, will discuss Lessons learned about OpenStack on Kubernetes on a panel with Intel and Mirantis.
US meetups and events
Events for internship and career opportunities
Portland State CatBarcamp: October 8, Portland, Oregon
Eric Chiang (@erchiang), software engineer at CoreOS, and Josh Wood (@joshixisjosh9), DocOps at CoreOS, will speak at Portland State’s Cat Barcamp, which starts at 8:30 a.m. PST on October 8. Join their session at the unconference to learn more about containers, Kubernetes, and working on cutting-edge open source projects at CoreOS.
Oregon State University Linux Users Group: October 12, Corvallis, Oregon
If you’re in Corvallis on October 12, drop by Oregon State University’s Linux Users Group to see Josh Wood and Barak Michener (@barakmich), Torus project lead at CoreOS, speak about containers, Torus, and what it’s like to work at CoreOS.
Don’t miss these opportunities to make a connection if you’re interested in working at CoreOS!
Hyper Converged Infrastructure Conference 2016 @ QCT US: October 6, San Jose, California
Mike Saparov, vice president of engineering at CoreOS, will introduce Tectonic, the enterprise Kubernetes distribution, and explain how it fits in CoreOS’s GIFEE plan. Attend his talk at QCT’s Hyper Converged Infrastructure Conference at 3:20 p.m. PST to learn more about how CoreOS is bringing containers to the enterprise.
ContainerDays Austin @ Texas Advanced Computing Center: October 14-15, Austin, Texas
CoreOS is coming to ContainerDays Austin! On October 14 at 1:00 p.m. CST, Josh Wood and Ryan Jarvinen (@ryanj), open source advocate at CoreOS, will lead a workshop on getting started with Kubernetes. Then, on October 15 at 9:00 a.m. CST, Matthew Garrett (@mjg59), principal security developer at CoreOS, will describe how to build trustworthy containers and increase the security of your deployments.
Boston Kubernetes workshop: October 18, Boston, Massachusetts
Aleks Saul, engineer at CoreOS, will lead a Kubernetes workshop in Boston on October 18 from 1-5 p.m. EST. Come learn how to use the fastest-growing open source orchestration tool!
Portland Cloud Native PDX Meetup: October 19, Portland, Oregon
Ryan Jarvinen will lead a Kubernetes workshop at the Cloud Native PDX meetup. The workshop starts at 6:00 p.m. PST on October 19; keep an eye out for further details.
Security at University of Michigan IT 2016 @ University of Michigan: October 20, Ann Arbor, Michigan
Matthew Garrett will travel to Ann Arbor for the SUMIT 2016 cyber security conference and join a panel to discuss the status of the Internet of Things’ security. The panel discussion begins at 9:00 a.m. EST on October 20.
Chicago Linux Users Group @ Pumping Station One: October 22, Chicago, Illinois
On October 22, Matthew Garrett will join the Chicago Linux Users Group to discuss how to secure computers from highly skilled attackers. More details to come!
All Things Open @ Raleigh Convention Center: October 26-27, Raleigh, North Carolina
At All Things Open Anthony Romano, software engineer at CoreOS, will describe some of etcd’s new features introduced in version 3. Come learn more about the open source distributed key value store that’s the cornerstone of many distributed systems.
Interested in hosting your own meetup or want to learn more about getting involved with the CoreOS Community? Email us at email@example.com.