We have a busy events and webinar schedule for September; don’t miss our upcoming content about running CoreOS Tectonic on Azure, which we recently announced as stable. Meet us at X17, Open Source Summit North America, MesosCon, and more!
Meetups and events
Webinar: Managing Multi-tenancy & Security on Kubernetes with CoreOS Tectonic: September 6
CoreOS solutions engineers Aleks Saul (@alekssaul) and Saurabh Malhotra (@MalhotraIT) will lead a webinar on Wednesday, September 6, to show how Tectonic can provide a secure environment for your applications to serve multiple tenants. The webinar starts at 11:00 a.m. PT.
Webinar: Introduction to Enterprise Kubernetes with CoreOS Tectonic: September 6
Get an introduction to enterprise Kubernetes with our live webinar on September 6. Jordan Cooks, solutions engineer, will demonstrate Tectonic, the enterprise-ready Kubernetes platform, and will take questions during and after the presentation. Don’t miss this opportunity to get the answers you’re looking for about distributed systems.
X17 @ The Nines Hotel: September 7, Portland, Oregon
CoreOS operates on an open source business model that goes beyond the traditional support and services model. At NGINX’s X17, CoreOS community manager Elsie Phillips (@elsiephilly) will give an overview of how CoreOS thinks about the business of open source in her day 2 keynote. Don’t miss her talk, which starts at 9:30 a.m. on Thursday, September 7.
Webinar: Creating Kubernetes Clusters on Azure with Tectonic: September 7
CoreOS announced last month that Tectonic is now stable on Microsoft Azure. On Wednesday, September 7, Duffie Cooley (@mauilion), will demonstrate how to get started with Tectonic on Azure. Join him at 10:00 a.m. PT.
Open Source Summit North America @ the JW Marriott LA: September 11-14, Los Angeles
Open Source Summit is upon us once again, and CoreOS is sponsoring and speaking throughout the conference. Join us at booth #411 Monday through Wednesday from 10:30 a.m., or schedule a meeting with us.
Monday, September 11:
- At 11:00 a.m., CoreOS software engineer Erica von Buelow presents different paths to containerizing your infrastructure and discusses how to identify which is the right choice given your circumstances. She’ll give her talk in Diamond Ballroom 7.
Tuesday, September 12:
- At 11:45 a.m., Paul Burt (@ThatMightBePaul) and Elsie Phillips (@elsiephilly) will walk through everything you should know about etcd v3. Join them in Diamond Ballroom 6.
- At 2:00 p.m., come to the Platinum Ballroom for the “CoreOS Technologist Q&A,” where Kubernetes and distributed system experts from CoreOS will be available to answer your questions.
- At 2:45 p.m., CoreOS solutions engineer Mike Metral (@mikemetral) will introduce and explain how to extend custom Kubernetes deployments with Operators. He’ll present in the Gold 4 room.
Wednesday, September 13:
- At 11:50 a.m., Josh Wood, DocOps at CoreOS, joins a panel to discuss the latest in container networking. Hear all about it in Diamond Ballroom 6.
- At 2:00 p.m., Josh Wood takes part in a panel discussion on the future of the Open Container Initiative. See what’s in store for the OCI in Plaza III.
- Evening party, brought to you by CoreOS, CNCF, Ticketmaster and Code by Dell: Join us for a fun evening at Paramount studios with a live band, starting at 6:30 p.m.
MesosCon @ the JW Marriott LA: September 13-15, Los Angeles
CoreOS is sponsoring MesosCon; come see the team at booth #13 to talk about Kubernetes, distributed systems, and career opportunities at CoreOS. Meet us on Thursday, September 14 from 10:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m., and on Friday, September 15 from 8:30 a.m. to 4:45 p.m.
Cloudflare Internet Summit @ the Cloudflare offices: September 14, San Francisco
At the Cloudflare Internet Summit, Brandon Philips (@BrandonPhilips), CTO at CoreOS, will join a panel discussion on unlocking the cloud. Request your invitation today!
Webinar: Load Balancing and Persistent Storage on Hybrid Cloud Environments: September 14
Join Duffie Cooley for a discussion on the challenges of load balancing and the options for persistent storage on hybrid cloud environments. His webinar begins at 10:00 a.m. PT on September 14.
Kubernetes Training session @ MicroTek LA: September 14-15, Los Angeles
Get an introduction to Kubernetes at our upcoming 2-day training workshop in Los Angeles. You’ll learn the basics of Kubernetes and how to deploy your applications to a cluster. Seating is limited, so sign up today.
Kubernetes meetup @ Cogeco Peer 1: September 19, San Antonio, Texas
CoreOS is holding a Kubernetes networking workshop at the second San Antonio Kubernetes meetup. The workshop, led by the CoreOS training team, starts at 6:00 p.m. on September 19.
Webinar: Securing Tectonic Ingress with Kube-Lego: September 21
Duffie Cooley leads a webinar on how to set up a secure ingress process for Tectonic, using Kube-Lego. His tutorial starts at 10:00 a.m. PT on September 21.
Webinar: Kubernetes Services and Ingress abstractions on Azure with CoreOS Tectonic: September 28
For additional in-depth content on running Tectonic on Azure, join Josh Wood’s webinar on Kubernetes services and Ingress abstractions on that platform. His session starts at 10:00 a.m. PT on September 28.
Interested in hosting your own meetup or want to learn more about getting involved with the CoreOS Community? Email us at email@example.com.