Tectonic Summit is a little over a month away and we are excited to announce a wonderful group of speakers and schedule. Container experts, early adopters and those looking to learn more will gather in New York City on December 2 and 3 for our premier event for leaders in container-enabled infrastructure. If you are interested in joining us to interact with today's infrastructure leaders, request your ticket to the event before they are sold out.
CA Technologies, Google, International Securities Exchange, Intel, Morgan Stanley, Viacom, Verizon Labs, Salesforce Data.com, SoundCloud and other businesses using containers will take part in high-level discussions about strategy, as well as share knowledge about the technology that is changing how to more effectively deploy and manage applications.
Enterprise leaders will learn about next-generation infrastructure that relies on container technologies to achieve higher machine utilization and consistent environments from the cloud to the data center.
Tectonic Summit: Day One
Enterprises will reveal how they are using container technologies to springboard their application development processes and secure their infrastructure while saving time and resources.
Day one will feature a single-track of guest speakers. Hear from the following:
- Alex Polvi, CEO of CoreOS, and Jonathan Donaldson, vice president in the data center group at Intel, will be featured in the morning keynote.
- Robert Cornish, CTO at International Securities Exchange, and Paul Morgan, systems architect at International Securities Exchange, will talk about the ISE's container strategy and how using technologies enabled by containers such as CoreOS make true application portability across the cloud and data center a reality.
- John Storm, executive director within Morgan Stanley's Institutional Securities division, and others will join a panel moderated by Jonathan Lehr, managing director of Work-Bench, about how top technologists in the finance sector are exploring containers and why container based architectures bring added benefits to the financial services industry.
- Craig McLuckie, senior product manager and co-founder of the Kubernetes project at Google, will discuss how Google runs two billion containers in production each week.
- Lawrence Rau, director of technology at Verizon Labs, will dive into how container technologies are helping Verizon save time from dev to test to production.
- Michael Venezia, senior director at Viacom, will present a talk on creating next generation Kubernetes infrastructure at Viacom.
- Tommy Reilly, director of software engineering at CA Technologies, will dive into simplifying enterprise deployments using Kubernetes and containers.
- Julio Maia, core engineering at SoundCloud, will share the company's continuous delivery strategy for micro services using containers.
- Mike Kavis, vice president and principal architect of Cloud Technology Partners and the author of Architecting the Cloud: Design Decisions for Cloud Computing Service Models (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) will take the lead moderating a container ecosystem company panel. The panel includes Loris Degioanni, the creator and CEO of Sysdig, a popular open source troubleshooting tool for Linux environments, and a pioneer in the field of network analysis through his work on WinPcap and Wireshark (open source tools with millions of users worldwide). Also joining the panel is Gabriel Monroy, CTO of Engine Yard and creator of Deis, the leading CoreOS-based PaaS, and Luke Marsden, CTO and co-founder of ClusterHQ, the creators of Flocker, an open-source container data volume manager for Dockerized applications.
Tectonic Summit: Day 2
Day two goes in depth about the tools needed to confidently implement containers in your infrastructure.
The day starts with a single track and breaks into two tracks in the afternoon. Hear from the following speakers on Day 2:
- Brandon Philips, CTO of CoreOS, will kick off the day with a morning keynote.
- A panel of experts will discuss automating security. Sean Michael Kerner, writer for eWeek, InternetNews and more, will moderate the panel featuring Matthew Garrett, principal security software engineer, CoreOS, and Tim Hobbs, advisor, product management, CA Technologies.
- Prakash Rudraraju, principal systems engineer at Salesforce Data.com and responsible for automating all aspects of technical operations, will discuss how his team migrated distributed application stacks with hard coded configuration and several dependencies to containers.
- Lukas Lehmann, IT business solution developer at Swisscom, will present a talk about building a stateful database-as-a-service using Docker and Flocker.
- And more! More exciting talks are being added so be sure to check the schedule for updates.
Kubernetes Workshop: Hands-On Training
Lastly, if you haven't had a chance to catch our Kubernetes workshop series yet, we are offering a workshop in New York City after Tectonic Summit, sponsored by Intel and Google, on Friday, December 4.
At the workshop, you'll be able to get started with Kubernetes and get live training on Kubernetes, CoreOS and Docker. You'll gain experience using these container technologies and a better understanding of the container ecosystem as a whole.
For a limited time, this workshop is available as a separate ticket for only the cost of materials. Anyone may sign up for the workshop here. Space is limited to 30 seats, so secure your ticket early to guarantee a spot.
Thank you to Tectonic Summit Sponsors
We thank the sponsors of Tectonic Summit 2015:
- Title sponsor: Intel
- Gold sponsors: Google, Digital Ocean
- Silver sponsors: ClusterHQ, Datera, Deis, Packet, Redapt, Sysdig
- Bronze sponsor: Nebulaworks
- In partnership with: Cloud Technology Partners and Work-Bench
We hope you'll join us at Tectonic Summit. Request a Tectonic Summit invitation or inquire about sponsorship.