At CoreOS we know that building truly innovative software is rooted in the understanding of differing perspectives. At our conferences and within our community we celebrate our differences and recognize the need to include people of all races, ethnicities, genders, ages, abilities, religions, sexual orientation, and military service.
As we work to secure the internet, we work equally hard to honor all parts of the human spirit and create an environment where all human beings can thrive. To this end, we are offering Scholarship Opportunities to attend CoreOS Fest 2017. This scholarship is being awarded because we believe that our conference, work and communities are better when they include folks from all groups.
Our goal is to award 3 scholarships this year. The application deadline is May 18th. Scholarships will be awarded on May 20th. We’re happy to answer additional questions. Contact us at email@example.com.
What is included in the scholarship?
- One free, full access ticket to CoreOS Fest 2017.
- Up to $500 dollars, as needed in travel expenses for non-local awards (airfare, car rental or train tickets).
- $500 for costs related to attendance, including lodging (up to three nights), child care, food, city transportation or other incidentals.
What are the requirements?
- A short statement explaining why you’d like to attend CoreOS Fest and what you hope to learn. We’re curious to hear about you! Perfect storytelling is not needed to qualify.
- Be a member of an underrepresented group or a student who wouldn’t otherwise be able to attend.
- Must be able to attend the conference for the two-day duration.
- If employed, your employer will not cover the cost of your conference attendance.
- Willing to report back about your conference experience, good or bad.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must agree to follow our Code of Conduct.
What is the timeline?
Application dealine is May 18, 2017. All applicants will be notified of their application's status by May 22nd. Scholarship recipients will receive additional information on how to register for the conference.
- Scholarship recipients are responsible for arranging their own travel and lodging.
- Funds are non-transferable.
- This year, we can only accept applicants who will be traveling from within the US.