AWS: Installation Requirements
What You Need
- Access Key and Secret
- Region and Availability Zone to use
- Tectonic License and Pull Secret
- SSH Key pair in that region
- KMS Key in that region or access rights for Tectonic to generate one
- A Public Route53 Hosted Zone identifier. Public Route53 resolution is a requirement for controller-worker TLS communication. Tectonic will generate 2 subdomains in this Hosted Zone during provisioning.
- A current version of the Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox web browser to run Tectonic Installer.
The AWS Access Key you provide requires access to the following AWS services:
- Security Groups
An importable AWS policy containing the minimum privileges needed to run the Tectonic installer can be found here.
Credentials are never stored and are only available in-memory during the lifetime of your installer execution. They are only transmitted when making the necessary requests to AWS APIs.
In order to access to the cluster 2 ELB backed services are exposed, both over the standard TLS port (443).